Chaleur Genealogy Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 07:25:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The main website is located at: www.chaleurgenealogy.beyondgrandmasattic.com

The Chaleur Genealogy Links page is located at: www.beyondgrandmasattic.com/chaleurgenealogy/ChaleurGenealogyLinks.html

982 Posts in 382 Topics by 153 Members
Latest Member: Ernie Fisher
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Chaleur Genealogy Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Genealogy Tools
| | |-+  DNA as a genealogical tool
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DNA as a genealogical tool  (Read 1600 times)
William Flowers
Administrator
Senior Participant

« on: March 11, 2015, 06:45:12 AM »

This topic will include information and discussions concerning the use of DNA as a genealogical tool.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:49:50 AM by William Flowers » Logged

William Flowers
William Flowers
Administrator
Senior Participant

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 07:04:14 AM »

Susan Sylke sent along the following post to be included in this topic.  She's been very active pursuing DNA testing as a tool to help solve genealogical problems:

"Hopefully DNA testing is extending now to England. Although quite expensive I know many of my English friends want to have it done. I think it is a lot more expensive though, and it is more difficult to order the 23andMe autosomal DNA test and have it sent to them and back because of customs etc.  Hopefully the data base will extend and the price will come down so more will test. I have had almost all of my immediate family done."

William Flowers
William Flowers
Administrator
Senior Participant

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 10:43:45 AM »

Here is a list comparing the autosomal DNA tests from various companies. As of this date, Ancestry.com does not sell their kits in Canada.  They recently started selling kits in the U.K., however.  Sales in Canada are expected very soon.

William Flowers
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: