Chaleur Genealogy Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 07:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The main website is located at: www.chaleurgenealogy.beyondgrandmasattic.com

The Chaleur Genealogy Links page is located at: www.beyondgrandmasattic.com/chaleurgenealogy/ChaleurGenealogyLinks.html

982 Posts in 382 Topics by 153 Members
Latest Member: Ernie Fisher
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Chaleur Genealogy Forum
|-+  Robert Flowers/Alice Pennington Family
| |-+  Flowers Surname Y-DNA Project
| | |-+  What is current status of Flowers Y-DNA Project?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What is current status of Flowers Y-DNA Project?  (Read 2388 times)
Marilyn Astle
Senior Participant

« on: October 15, 2012, 09:29:48 AM »

I note this topic has had no postings in the past 6 years. I wonder if this study is also part of that listed on the Family Tree DNA site which has 44 members. I don't see an entry there that lists Robert Flowers as first ancestor but some first ancestors are given only as Flowers with no first name.

Marilyn M. Astle, Ph.D.
William Flowers
Administrator
Senior Participant

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 12:58:08 PM »

I note this topic has had no postings in the past 6 years. I wonder if this study is also part of that listed on the Family Tree DNA site which has 44 members. I don't see an entry there that lists Robert Flowers as first ancestor but some first ancestors are given only as Flowers with no first name.

My yDNA test is there under F-16. I'm pretty sure it used to say "Robert Flowers" for earliest ancestor, somehow it is changed; I have contacted the administator to change it.   In any case, there are no matches in the Flowers FTDNA database for my results. None of the Flower/Flowers yDNA results in any DNA company's project match the two known Robert Flowers' descendants who have taken the test and match perfectly.  Wish we could find some more.

Thanks for letting me know.

William Flowers
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: