Chaleur Genealogy Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2018, 10:40:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The main website is located at: www.chaleurgenealogy.beyondgrandmasattic.com

The Chaleur Genealogy Links page is located at: www.beyondgrandmasattic.com/chaleurgenealogy/ChaleurGenealogyLinks.html

982 Posts in 382 Topics by 153 Members
Latest Member: Ernie Fisher
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Chaleur Genealogy Forum
|-+  Emigration from the Bay of Chaleur to the Midwest
| |-+  Families
| | |-+  William Albert Gillis & Ida May Robertson Family
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: William Albert Gillis & Ida May Robertson Family  (Read 2730 times)
William Flowers
Administrator
Senior Participant

« on: October 02, 2008, 11:57:20 PM »

Thanks to Peggy Willett for sending along this information and pictures regarding the Albert Gillis family.

Ida May Robertson (Apr. 30, 1871- Feb. 13, 1927)

William Albert Gillis( circa 1870- May 31, 1938)

They were married on November 23, 1891 at the home of William Fair in Pointe à la Garde, Qc. - he was the son of James and Mary (Turner) Gillis of Glen Levit, N.B. 

Her obituary in the Campbellton Graphic as follows:  “Word received recently announcing the death at Minneapolis, Minn. on the 13th inst., of Mrs. Albert Gillis.  She was the youngest daughter of the late William Robertson of Grand Cascapedia, Que., and his wife, Ellen Almond.  The deceased married Mr. Gillis of Flatlands, N.B. and 33 years ago they went to Stillwater, Minn., later to Alberta, and very shortly after returned to Minn. to settle for good.  Surviving are her husband;  4 daughters:  Cora of Minneapolis, Lillas and Ila of Boston, Irene also of Minneapolis; a son Wade of Minneapolis. Three of her daughters are married.  Also leaves 2 sisters:  Mrs. Campbell Gilker of Dimock Creek, Que. and Mrs. J. Hooker of Los Angeles, Calif.; 3 brothers:  Byers and Howard of Grand Cascapedia and Hastwell of Ohio.  William Albert died in Los Angeles but is buried in Lakewood Cemetery in Minneapolis with Ida.

The third picture, is an unknown Gillis relative.  Does anyone have any ideas about identity?

* William_Albert_Gillis_Family.jpg (37.65 KB, 398x325 - viewed 442 times.)

* GILLIS,_Cora_May_Ellen.jpg (50.34 KB, 288x425 - viewed 446 times.)

* unknown_Gillis_relative_1.JPG (32.66 KB, 291x468 - viewed 440 times.)

William Flowers
marcia_mcc
Participant

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:17:06 PM »

The family picture is of my Great Grandmother and Grandfather and my Grandmother Cora May. The spelling of Wayve is correct according to my dad who knew him well. I have more family information if interested.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: