Chaleur Genealogy Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2018, 01:31:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The main website is located at: www.chaleurgenealogy.beyondgrandmasattic.com

The Chaleur Genealogy Links page is located at: www.beyondgrandmasattic.com/chaleurgenealogy/ChaleurGenealogyLinks.html

982 Posts in 382 Topics by 153 Members
Latest Member: Ernie Fisher
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Chaleur Genealogy Forum
|-+  Emigration from the Bay of Chaleur to the Midwest
| |-+  Families
| | |-+  Michael Malloy, John Malloy, James Malloy, and Catherine Sutton
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Michael Malloy, John Malloy, James Malloy, and Catherine Sutton  (Read 3374 times)
William Flowers
Administrator
Senior Participant

« on: September 11, 2008, 07:03:52 AM »

Thanks to David Norby for sending along information which adds Michael Malloy, John Malloy, James Malloy, and Catherine Sutton to the "Emigration from the Bay of Chaleur to the Midwest" list, all of whom moved to Stillwater, Minnesota from the Chaleur Bay area in the mid-19th century.

David was also able to add the given names of Augustine Sexton's wife, who was Margaret Jane Malloy.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 07:10:54 AM by William Flowers » Logged

William Flowers
Susan Sylke
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 05:20:32 AM »

Is this Michael Malloy related to James Malloy and Jane Brohterton ?
Susan
William Flowers
Administrator
Senior Participant

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »

Is this Michael Malloy related to James Malloy and Jane Brohterton ?

David Norby also mentioned a James Malloy to me and I forgot to mention it.  I have since added him to the original topic to rectify the omission.

I don't know if this is the James Malloy, or not, who was married to Jane Brotherton, I'll have to do more checking on that.  David does mention that one of his sources for the information on the Malloys mentions that the James Malloy, to whom he refers, was married to Mary Leonard and Margaret Phalen. The James Malloy who was married to Mary Leonard and Margaret Phalen did move to Stillwater.

Update: The James Malloy who was married to Jane Brotherton does not appear to be the James Malloy who was married to Mary Leonard and Margaret Phalen.  The former died in 1910, the latter in 1898.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:16:57 AM by William Flowers » Logged

William Flowers
Susan Sylke
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 05:41:27 AM »

I have it now the James Molloy who married Jane Brotherton I believe is the son to Michael Molloy and Elizabeth Mauger. 
Children to James and Jane Brotherton are as follows.  If anybody has connection to this family let me know I will send you details and sources
1. Elizabeth d bef 1876
2. james Robert
3 Michael Elias
4 Melvina
5 Eunice
6 Elizabeth
7 William Abner
8 Alice
9 richard
10 Beatrice
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »