Chaleur Genealogy Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 10:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The main website is located at: www.chaleurgenealogy.beyondgrandmasattic.com

The Chaleur Genealogy Links page is located at: www.beyondgrandmasattic.com/chaleurgenealogy/ChaleurGenealogyLinks.html

982 Posts in 382 Topics by 153 Members
Latest Member: Ernie Fisher
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Chaleur Genealogy Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Welcome!!!
| | |-+  Welcome and Instructions for Using the Board
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Welcome and Instructions for Using the Board  (Read 6115 times)
beyond5
Administrator
Participant

« on: December 15, 2003, 02:02:26 PM »

I have disabled self-registration temporarily. If you wish to register, please email me concerning your interest, and I will register you.

If you are interested in the topics discussed on this board you are encouraged to participate. Please don't be just a lurker; participation is a lot more fun and informative.

I've decided, as much as I dislike it myself, to require usernames and passwords to post on this board.  Hopefully, this will discourage abusive and offensive posts. Anyone, however, is free to read the posts without registration.

When you register, I'm also going to require that you use your whole name as your username, or something readily recognizable as your name.  So, for example, my username might be "bflow," or "willflo," or something similar. We're a small group of folks who should be readily recognizable by such an abbreviation. I prefer, however, that you use your complete name, at least your last name, for example: "wflowers." I understand, though, if you do not wish to use your name with that level of completeness.

Right after you register, please also email me your complete name, if you have not already used it in your registration, and your research interests. This is a critical step in the activation process. Even if you use your complete name, it is especially important for you to email me with your research interests if I don't know you already. I will not validate registrations of people I don't recognize, unless that person sends me their research interests via private email.  

Also, you will be invited during filling out your registration form to list your website, if you would like to do this.  You are welcome to list your website if it is related to the interests of this board.  All links to other sites will be deleted by me.

The registration process is started by clicking on "Register," above, just under the main heading. Please read all the instructions in this post, though, before registration.

Please also remember to respond to posts you read on the board to the board itself, so that everyone may learn from it.  Feel free, though, to email your response to the poster, as well as responding directly on the board.

I also strongly encourage you to "cross-post" to Raymond Garrett's message board if you feel that same post would also be of interest there. That would be particularly important if general sources were being discussed, e.g. the 1816 Untitled Relief Book.

Have fun and let's find and remember these folks in which we have a common interest.

You can also click here to register.

Thank you. Very Happy

William Flowers
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 04:59:16 AM by William Flowers » Logged

William Flowers
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: